Wednesday 22 January 2014

Social Eating House

Jason Atherton seems to have his fingers in many pies at the moment - one of them is the Social Eating House in Soho.
I visited with a friend just before Christmas and it was very busy but had a nice buzz to it.
We skipped starters and went for mains and desserts.. and YES.. the food was great. My main was "Roasted wild Cornish bream, saffron farfalle, truffle artichoke purée, artichoke Barigoule". (£20)
I could have licked the plate - the truffle artichoke puree was amazing!




Such a great start and the finish did not disappoint! I had a very traditional sounding "Apple pie, Calvados ice-cream, cinnamon custard, toffee apple" (£7.50) but it was truly sensational and up to date in presentation.. and tasted great.


 
My friend had the very cool looking "“P.B.J” Cherryade parfait, peanut ice-cream, cherry jam doughnut" (£7.50) but i have to say that i think my dessert tasted better :-)

 
Highly recommend Social Eating house - great food in a buzzy environment bang in the middle of Soho!

No comments:

Post a Comment