Monday 9 March 2015

Swedish princess cake - all rolled up - 7 March 2015

Swedish princess cake is a classic cake but I wanted to make it rolled like a log - for my god son's birthday.

Sponge:

3 eggs
1,5 dl caster sugar
1 dl plain flour
1 dl potato flour
1,5 tsp baking powder

- whisk sugar and eggs until fluffy. add the flours and baking powder. pour into an oven tray and bake for about 5-7 min at 230 c. I line my tray with silicon paper which makes it super easy to peel off. After turning it out onto another silicon sheet I roll it up loosely to get the round shape and let it cool like that. Makes it much easier to roll it up with the filling later.

Filling - I made a thick vanilla custard (around 2 dl) and whisked up 3 dl of double cream. I then folded in two thirds of the cream into the custard.

when the sponge had cooled down I put a layer of raspberry jam on  - spread out evenly - then the custard cream mix. Rolled it up and spread a layer of the leftover whipped cream all around.

Decoration - I had bought some golden marzipan that I coloured green (kept some back for other colours). I then rolled it out between silicon sheets and put it on the cake. The rest of the marzipan became little bees (with almond flakes for wings) roses, leaves etc. I added some edible shimmer spray and sprinkels. Ta da... done.


No comments:

Post a Comment