Thursday 25 March 2010

Macaron class at L'atelier des chefs

I was lucky enough to be given a voucher for a 2 hour cooking class at L'atelier des chefs (http://www.atelierdeschefs.co.uk/) and i booked in for a French Macaron class for last Saturday. The shop/school is very centrally located in Wigmore st and first impressions were very good. It was 12 of us in the class and together learned how to make macarons and various fillings. We all got to make a couple of trays of macaron's each and i have to say that my piping was pretty much spot on.. i even impressed myself! I only took one photo which is of my macarons ready to go into the oven. Yes, i know some of them are blue like the smurfs - one of my dear class mates went a bit overboard with the blue color!!

The biggest tip of the day is to let the macaron's sit on the tray for around 15 min before putting them in the oven.. you basically let them form a "skin" on the surface which then prevents them from cracking in the oven!

I really enjoyed the class and would go for another class. My only criticism is that you have to divide some of the work up between you so you don't get to be totally hands on with each step.


No comments:

Post a Comment