Friday 16 July 2010

Jamie's Italian - 10th of July

My friend Karin told me a couple of weeks ago that i needed to put aside Saturday the 10th of July for her to treat me to a birthday day out.
Very exciting! So, true to her word she picked me up at 9am and we travelled to the southbank.. and .. we went to a flotation tank! I have never done it before and was not really sure what to expect but it was actually really relaxing.. apart from in the beginning when i did the totally opposite of what i was instructed and rubbed my eyes when in the water.. OUCH! We then went shopping in Covent Garden followed by a yummy lunch at the newly opened "Jamie's Italian" in Covent Garden http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/

We had an amazing "Raspberry and limoncello mojito" (highly recommend it) and some nibbles "Worlds best olives on ice" which consisted of big green olives on ice and a caper & anchovy tapenade with flat bread.


We both then had the "Amazing Chicken salad" which was a crunchy salad of white radish, coriander, cress, kohlrabi, fennel and minty fregola.. plus the grilled chicken of course. It was really interesting and very tasty!



We then headed of to my hair dresser where Karin had booked me in for a wash and blowdry - ready for the evening ahead! Thank you Karin! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment