Tuesday 13 August 2013

Homemade Jaffa cakes!

I watched the Sorted guys on You Tube making delicious cakes and decided to give their Jaffa cake recipe a try.. Who doesn't love Jaffa cakes??

The recipe and ingredients themselves are super easy.. the chocolate drizzle was rather hard to do neatly though.

I followed the recipe from Sorted - the only thing i did differently was that i added the orange zest to the jelly instead of the sponge and i added a spoonful of marmelade too for some tartness :-)

Recipe can be found here: http://sortedfood.com/#!/jaffacakes/

My cake mix made 16 cakes/bases... i would probably make them thinner next time so i would get around 20 in total.


I cut the jelly out with a shot glass since my cutters were too big.

 The Chocolate topping was the hardest.. they look a bit uneven but they taste good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment